1.22.2012

{Bucket List}

We all have our Bucket List of things we want to do, things we want to accomplish, and places we want to see before we die. My list consist of myself and my family traveling allot before I go. 
Right now, I am obsessed with going to Morocco. Marrakesh to be exact. Why? 
I fell in love with a hotel retreat called Peacock Pavilions, owned and operated by an Interior Designer/Photographer wife, Chicago born Architect husband, and their two kids. 
Maryam {wife} is also a author of an award winning blog, My Marrakesh and recently published a coffee table book about Moroccan interior design. 
The other reason {there is always more than one reason, right?} I want to go see this magnificent place is, I am infatuated with 
Vintage Moroccan Beni Ourain rugs and Vintage Moroccan wedding blankets. 
I dream of having one in my living room and one laying across the bottom of my bed. 
I could always just order a rug from Maryam's shop Red Thread Souk but that would not be the same. 
I want to be able to go shopping at the Medina, scour through tons of unique, one of a kind rugs, touch them, smell them, and imagine it laying in my living room. *Swoon*
Here are a few pictures of the inside grounds at the Peacock Pavilions. 
I couldn't stop drooling the first time I saw these pictures. Maryam has one AMAZING design eye!
After doing extensive research on Peacock Pavilions and following My Marrakesh. I recently found a old blog post on Decor8 where Holly Becker described her experience in Marrakesh. 
Where her and a dozen others got to attend a bloggers retreat at Peacock Pavilions {shown above}. 
A place she will never forget! She had the opportunity of having Maryam be their guide throughout the 8 day stay in Morocco. They were able to ask Maryam question after question, have her take them shopping, to the best Moroccan restaurants and experience Marrakesh to its fullest. 
Sounds like it was one amazing trip!! A trip I hope to go on once in my lifetime.
This is definitely going on the top of my list. *Drool

What's on your Bucket List? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment